Sunday 13 October 2013

More London, and other bits of England

Hi everyone,

World's slackest bloggers. We've actually arrived in Paris now, so we have much to catch up!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

On Monday, Dad took me to Leicester Square and told me to wait in the shop while he bought a surprise. But it only took about 5 minutes before we saw a giant billboard and I guessed that the surprise was going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory the musical in the West End of London. We didn't get any photos because you weren't allowed to use a camera. But I have a book with all the pictures. It was a fantastic show which looked like it had scrumdiddlyumptious chocolate. My favourite bit was Violet Beauregard's song 'Juicy'.

St Paul's Catherdral

Here are some photos of St Paul's. We walked from our hotel which was a good long walk through London. You can't take photos inside, but we got photos of some squirrels outside! We did a tour inside and it was really beautiful.

 Hello? Is this the Queen?!
 The buildings are just incredible, photos don't do them justice.
 Respek!
 "Squirrel!"
 Kael on the steps to the side entrance of St Paul's
It's really special to be able to meet up with family on the other side of the world.

Harry Potter

On Tuesday we caught the Underground train to Victoria and got a coach from Victoria Coach Station to the Harry Potter Studio. I had no idea, dad kept it a surprise all the way until we arrived at the studio.

It was totally awesome! They had most of the sets, costumes and props from all of the movies. It started in the Great Hall, and then went through heaps of different sets where you saw lots of really cool stuff. Then we got to get in the Weasley's car, the Knight Bus and Hagrid's motorcycle. That was my favourite part. I also liked Aunt Marge's costume from when she was floating away. They had a creature shop where they had lots of moving props from the movie, like the Monster Book of Monsters and a Mandrake. I was very glad that the enormous Aragog didn't move, but it was very scary to walk under it. After that we saw Diagon alley. I made dad take a video just for Sienna of the Puking Pastilles. All of our Harry Potter photos are on the video camera and we are having problems getting them onto the computer. We might not be able to fix this until we get back to Australia : (

Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge

We went on another bus tour to Windsor Castle, Bath and Stonehenge. It was a very long day. My favourite part was walking around the castle looking at all the amazing stuff that the royals own. The had a listening tour for kids which dad and I both did together, it was lots of fun.

 The castle - seems standard that you can't take photos inside, which is where all the best stuff was.
For those about to rock...
 Kael meets The Crazy Pigeon Man of Bath, and his accomplices.
 Bath is really pretty, whole town seems to be in slow motion. Very charming place. 
It's just weird. Took me 5 minutes to fully apreciate just how freakin' weird the whole thing is, then it ran out of mystery for me. I reckon just some end-of-the-world cult with too much money. 

Coming up in our next installment:

Tamworth (yes, Tamworth!)

Goodbye London, Bonjour Paris!

2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful places. I'm not too sure about the pigeons!!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love bath but I especially think St Paul's Cathedral is so beautiful Kael. Lucky you with Stonehenge. We haven't been there. But now I want to go to Harry Potter it sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete